The Mockingbird Foundation will be a beneficiary of SuperJam 2005, featuring Addison Groove Project w/ special guest Oshe, at Heritage Hall in the the Glens Falls Civic Center, Saturday, April 30. Doors open at 7pm, and the show begins at 8pm. Tickets are $12, on sale now at hte Glens Falls Civic Center Box Office, Ticketmaster locations, and www.ticketmaster.com. Proceeds from the event benefit the Mockingbird Foundation and the American Cancer Society.
The event will also include a raffle with a growing list of at least thirteen fantastic prizes. The grand prize will be two tickets to the Bonnaroo Music Festival! Other prizes will include:
- Two tickets (one prize) to see Soulive at the Higher Ground in Burlington (5/12)
- A signed Phish concert photo from Alpine Valley by Jason Kaczorowski (PostArt productions, MBIRD photographer)
- Four gift certificates (separate prizes) from LivePhishDownloads, of their June archival releases
- A gift certificate for the Wizard of Floyd DVD from The Silvermine in downtown Glens Falls
- Three copies (separate prizes) of the limited edition DVD The Everyone Orchestra – First Annual Pangaea Project Benefit featuring Jon Fishman, Kai Ekhardt, Julia Butterfly Hill, Tony Furtado, Tye North, Dennis Kucinich and many more.
- One copy of the Phish Companion 2nd Edition
- Two CDs (separate prizes) from Addison Groove Project
In conjunction with the event, the Mockingbird Foundation has secured a discounted rate for the night of the show at two nearby hotels:
- The Best Inn (at Exit 18 off I-87) offers two double beds for $54.95/room (a discount of nearly 40%) and a continental breakfast the next morning. Call the BEST INN at 518-793-8891 for reservations, and be sure to mention “the Mockingbird Event” for this discount.
- The Queensbury Hotel, a 5 minute walk from the Civic Center, offers one room with either a queen or 2 doubles for $69. Call 518-792-1121 and mention “The Mockingbird Event”.
For more details see, www.mbird.org, www.wgfr.org, www.addisongroove.com, www.oshe.org
The Mockingbird Foundation expresses sincere thanks to Superfly, LivePhish, nugs.net, Jason Kaczorowski, The Alternative Silvermine of Glens Falls, groovetv, Higher Ground, & AGP for their generous contributions to the raffle, and to the Best Inn and the Queensbury Hotel for arranging reduced hotel rates for the concert goers.
The Mockingbird Foundation is the leading provider of historical information about the band Phish and its music. The Foundation has been operated entirely by volunteer fans of the band, without any salaries or paid staff, since its inception in 1996. It fundraises for music education for children by celebrating the music of Phish, through comprehensive books, innovative recordings, creative donation premiums, and special events for the Phish fan community. The second edition of The Phish Companion – the Foundation’s 928-page authoritative encyclopedia – is available from major book outlets as well as through www.mbird.org.
Phish was a rock band that started in 1983 and performed its final show in August 2004. For more information about Phish, see http://www.phish.com.