The WaterWheel Foundation has announced two benefit celebrations at MSG before the shows on Saturday, July 22, 2017, and Saturday, August 5, 2017.
Tickets for the shows go on sale tomorrow, Thursday, May 25, at noon eastern, HERE.
The first benefit celebration on July 22 will raise funds for four charities, each one chosen by a band member. The second benefit celebration, on August 5, is in honor of the 20th anniversaries of both The WaterWheel Foundation and The Mockingbird Foundation. It will raise funds for Mockingbird, whose volunteers operate Phish.net. The Mockingbird Foundation is once again enormously grateful to The WaterWheel Foundation and Phish for this honor!
If you have never been to a WaterWheel pre-show benefit at Madison Square Garden, here’s some of what you can expect for the price of admission:
(1) being surrounded pre-show by generous, friendly people in what is basically MSG’s VIP lounge;
(2) food and a full bar;
(3) a Pollock poster (edition of 300), and it’s particularly cool that he’s doing a diptych, with one poster for each of the two benefit events;
(4) early entrance into the venue;
(5) raffle or auction of certain items, including autographed memorabilia from Phish’s Archives;
(6) access to the lounge where the event takes place, and its clean, spacious bathrooms, during setbreak;
(7) a specialty chocolate bar, created and donated by Asher’s Chocolates
Note that YOU MUST ALREADY BE A TICKET-HOLDER FOR THE PHISH CONCERT ON THE EVENING THAT YOU ATTEND THE BENEFIT PRE-SHOW EVENT in order to get in to the pre-show event. You must PRESENT THAT TICKET in order to get into the pre-show benefit event. Said another way, your ticket to the pre-show event alone will not get you into MSG and the event. You need to also possess a ticket to the Phish show that same night.
Please support these events if you can! By supporting them, and also LivePhish, you support both Mockingbird and Phish.net. Thank you!